Friday 23 January 2009

Update

There hasn’t been much going on this week. There is no guest speaker, and I am yet to pick up a new book – so I am still with the psycho Mike Engleby.
We have the opportunity to write for stranger magazine http://www.stranger-mag.com, for business writing. It promotes events in Cornwall, Bristol, London and Brighton. Also, for features we are putting together a features supplement targeted at the Sunday Independent (though it is not actually going in The Independent, unfortunately). All of the features have to be about the credit crunch, and I think that I will do something on property or fashion.
I have got some work experience at NOW magazine up in London for two weeks and this is on top of the Wed one. This will be good – even though I am not sure how I feel about staying in a backpackers for two weeks, but it will be worth it.
I can’t afford to go to the London book fair now because of the work experience, but I’m not too bothered, because Now will be more valuable to me.
I am going to see a documentary on Hunter S. Thompson, and Gonzo journalism next Wednesday, which will be interesting, as I don’t know much about Gonzo journalism. I did read about Hunter S. Thompson in Elle one time – a story from his wife/partner, and I have seen Fearing Loathing in Las Vegas, even though I always seem to fall asleep in it…maybe it is because it is so soothing….

No comments: